The GDSA Representatives want to welcome everyone to the 2022 Swim Season! We are excited to see all the families and friends on deck this week at our first meets. We are using the Swimtopia database to send everyone across the league this email to make sure we are on the same page. Here are few highlights for this season.
- Meets start at 6pm. *Swimmer please arrive at the time designated by your coaches.
- Virtual Live Streaming will be on the GDSA-Greater Dayton Swimming Association Facebook page. Please share this information with family and friends unable to attend the meet.
- Please bring chairs for sitting in the bull pens and/or around the pool.
- Please try to bring smaller bills for concession ($1, $5, $10), try not to bring $50s, $100s.
- Weather for Swim Meets- Prior to the arriving to the meet, please refer to your coach or GDSA representative for any changes. Once we arrive at the meet pool, we will use the GDSA Facebook and GDSA email along with the team’s communication plan to make sure everyone is on the same page and safe during weather events.
- Crestwood- Additional parking is at Indian Riffle Park off Stroop. Please do not park on Baylor Court.
- Fair Valley- Parking fills up fast. Families can park across the street on Deerfield, if needed, but it is a bit of a walk. Also, families traveling via Little York to get the pool. It is closed from the entrance to Christian Life Center up to Brantford. There is a detour through the neighborhood.
- Four Season- Additional parking is at Driscoll Elementary off Marshall Rd. There is a walkway through the woods to the pool. Parking is allowed on neighborhood streets on one side of the street only. Note: The county is re-doing the curbs in the neighborhood that will take place during our season.
- Marinole- Parking is allowed on neighborhood streets. Parking on Judith by the pool is permitted to one side of the street only
- Pinecrest- Additional parking is in their field behind the pool.
GDSA has been together for decades. We offer a safe family environment for all. We are proud that our families and friends display good sportsmanship during our meets and encourage all swimmers. We, as reps, are proud to volunteer and represent our pools and GDSA. We wish everyone a safe and fun season. SWIM FAST!!!!